Light Rigid (LR) Licence
A Light Rigid (MR) Licence allows you to drive:
- Small trucks with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) up to 8 tonnes. Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM
- Buses that seat more than 12 adults including the driver and a GVM up to 8 tonnes.
- Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an LR vehicle, or upgrade to an LR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the LR knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
- Successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.